Sunday, July 31, 2011

Deja vu



Have you ever felt like you have seen someone before or that you know someone from somewhere but can't put two and two together? Well ever since Ellie was born, I would look at her and get this strange feeling. She has always looked so familiar and I get this feeling like I know her from somewhere.  Not like I know her because she hangs out with me everyday and depends on me for all that she needs, but deeper than that.  This strange familiarity has always been a special tie I've felt with my baby.  She is a little piece of heaven in my arms and honestly my best friend. She knows exactly how to make me feel better on a rough day and how to remind me what is truly important in this life.  I feel like motherhood has come so natural to me.  It feels as if I am only now becoming the person that I was destined to be.  As I think back on my life, I see myself with all of these dreams and goals and no plan of backing down.  Its funny how your dreams and goals change when a little person finds their way into your life.  Now my life consists of the sweetest dreams and some of the hardest goals I've ever set.  How grateful I am for the opportunity to raise this daughter of mine.  How grateful I am for the trust that God has put into me to allow me to teach and love this sweet daughter of His.  How grateful I am for the little glimpses of heaven I feel when I look into those crystal blue eyes.  Maybe I do know her from somewhere.  Maybe I have always known her.  Maybe I am reminded by those deja vu feelings of a place we all were at one point, a place I don't remember physically but can feel in my heart and know without a shadow of a doubt exists.


1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet, motherhood is the best! Andie is my little mama, Avery my lil' diva, and Erynn my bud. Girls are also way fun!

    We just got back from Mesa yesterday, did the best shopping! Saw sooo many cute outfits that made me think of Ellie and miss how small my girlies were at one time...time flies.

    Taylor and Erynn were so cute together and at one point Taylor was running around looking for Ellie. It is going to be so fun to see these girlies when they are all grown up.

    ReplyDelete