Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Ok so the fourth of July might be my favorite holiday of the year.  I just love the summer sun, the bbqs, swimming, and especially fireworks.  There is nothing like a good fourth of july fireworks show haha. Its so funny because Leo and I have spent every fourth of July together (minus my London adventure in 2008) since 2007. This year we decided to spice it up a little and since we are heading to the east coast pretty soon we were dying to see baby B and the Lloyd family.  So we packed up the car and headed off to Las Vegas. 
Ready to ride in my big girl seat

We got a little hungry so we decided to head to Steak and Shake Poppy's favorite restaurant growing up in the midwest. We ate delicious burgers and lots of yummy ice cream (which Daddy feeds Ellie and she goes crazy for).
Hi Grandma and Grandpa Watkins...your favorite grandkids love Steak n Shake too :)
 Then we got to come home and watch Wubsy on Jake and Holli's family bed.  I call it that because it is huge and the perfect place for giggle fests. Carder was doing tricks for Ellie and she was laughing so hard.  She thought he was the funniest boy in the world. 

Ellie and Carder on the big comfy bed
 Then on the fourth of July we had a little cousin photo shoot. Um...it went a little something like this:

"Dog, dog" Ellie kept calling Brenn Dog...we have a little work to do

oh I love that baby

"let me grab that baby"

Ah get me out of here!

Ok now really.. he is like biting my ear.. whose cousin is this anyway?

Thanks for the fun trip we love you to the moon and back.

Love,
The Johnsons


1 comment:

  1. He's kissing her silly not busting a Mike Tyson ... poor boy has been throwing up all evening he looked up at Jake and asked "dad am I gonna be ok" it breaks my heart

    ReplyDelete