Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Letter to An Angel

Dear Lauren Brenn,
      Happy Birthday baby sister.  It has been 22 years since you were born and there isn't a day that goes by that our family dosen't think about you and miss your sweet face.  I know I am a few days late but sometimes that day is still hard for all of us. I hope you know we love you and know you are staying busy up in heaven taking care of all of us.
     Ellie misses you too. I like to think that you took care of my little miracle before she was sent to me. That you held her hand and kissed her sweet face and told her all about her mommy and how much she would be loved. She is so beautiful and has the sweetest spirit. Sometimes I think she looks like you.  Her smile makes the world right and she completes both me and Leon.
     I met a lady on a plane a few weeks ago who i noticed was sobbing in the seat next to me. The stewardess asked if she needed anything and she told the stewardess that she was rushing to see her dying sister at St. Joseph's in Phoenix.  My heart was pounding outside my chest because I knew what it was like to lose a baby sister, and I felt like I needed to talk to her. I still have trouble talking about it sometimes. So, I said a little prayer and I got the courage up to talk to her. I told her that I overheard the conversation and was so sorry and I could imagine the pain she must be in because I've felt the pain of loss too. I tried to get her mind off of the situation so that the flight wouldn't be so miserable. We talked about ducks, business, love, and of course Ellie. I bore my testimony to her that I knew she would see her sister again and that Heavenly Father loves her family and will bring her the peace and comfort that she needs at that time if she turns to Him.  He can do all things if only we ask. I know this with all my heart.  I even offered to take her to St Joe's from the airport haha but she didn't need a ride.  Before she left she told me I was an angel and she couldn't have gotten through the ride without me.  I am nowhere near an angel, but I was so grateful that missing you could allow me to help someone else.
For your birthday my little family went to In and Out and got cheeseburgers. I know they were your favorite. Even Ellie got to join in. She sure does like pickles. We even took some pictures to commemorate the event. We sure do love you and miss you. Take care of my other babies. Tell them I can't wait to see their beautiful faces. We can't wait to see yours too. I love you. Happy Birthday.
Love,
 Brittany


Happy Birthday Lala

No comments:

Post a Comment