Saturday, August 27, 2011

mi amiga


Ellie and I had such a fun day today.  We took a girls trip to downtown Boston.  First we dropped Dad off at Harvard, then we parked the car at Alewife and got on the tube. *I like to call it the tube because it brings back good memories. We rode it down to the beginning of the Freedom Trail. We got to see the cemetery where Sam Adams was buried, the old church of England + burial place of some of the passengers of the Mayflower, and the site of the Boston Massacre. Read down a few posts and it will tell you why I am so interested in the Boston Massacre ;) Then I got side tracked by H&M, Children's Place, Boarders, and Marshalls, ugh. Can i turn down an opportunity to shop around at H&M? No. Can I resist the urge to buy something? Yes I can. My husband is probably so proud today.
But the best part of my day was spending quality time with my little Chiquita banana.  She is so much fun to be around lately. She says "hi" to everyone on the tube, even the homeless man that scared me.  And she makes friends so easily. The homeless man told her that he loves her like three times before he got off the train. Kinda sweet in a little bit of a creepy way. I feel so lucky to have this perfect little spirit in my life. Let me explain a little further, it started raining today and I had a "bad mom" freak out moment because I realized she didn't have a jacket or umbrella.  I looked down at her expecting to see her scared of the rain, but there she was, my little love bug, with her mouth open wide and tongue sticking out, laughing her hilarious deep laugh. My heart melted and I fell more and more in love with a little baby girl.
We went back across the river, to Cambridge to pick Daddy up from Harvard. We got to meet some of Dad's new friends. Ellie got out and gave them her golden smile, then as we left she couldn't help but lift her little hand and say a perfectly timed "bye". Ah, she is perfect. Even as she layed down to rest today she puts her chubby little hands up and starts playing with her ear, just like her Daddy does. I love watching my little amiga enter dreamland. I hope she always has beautiful dreams. The only thing that drives me crazy is that she chooses dad over mom every time to cuddle with at sleepy, sleepy time. I mean I guess his chest and arms do make a girl feel safe. I love him too.
I can't wait until everyday is like today. I dream of the day when school is over and I get to spend all day everyday with my munchkin. I love her to the moon and back. Then Daddy comes home and we all cuddle together and laugh about the adventures of our day. Ah if everyday were just like today.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day with a beautiful companion--- we can't wait to enjoy the surroundings with you!!!!! Give Ellie hugs and kisses for us xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think I love you as much as you love Ellie, maybe more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss you and that baby of yours (and the gold bathingsuit too)

    ReplyDelete