Saturday, August 20, 2011

American Revolution Anyone?

Ok, ok I know that you will be getting a lot of history posts in the next three years, but soak it in while you can :) We spent the day in Concord, home of Louisa May Alcott, Henry David Thoreau, and Ralph Waldo Emmerson. Also, a city with much distaste for the bristish government and birthplace of the minute men/militia in the mid 1700s. Here is where on April 19, 1775 the battle of Concord took place. This was the first day of battle of the Revolutionary war and the first American Militia victory. Ok, ok now quite enough right? We spent the day at the museum (Leon loves museums!) and then had a picnic at the minute men memorial park. Such a fun day with my favorite people! Please don't make fun of my voice for some reason I always do this ridiculous voice when I take videos (I sound like a child reading from cue cards). But these are mostly for you Holli. Hope you like them!









By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot hear round the world.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Having so much fun in Boston! Come visit us soon (ok ok wait until we have a house)
Love,
Us

4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful....I can't wait to visit. I love the videos of Ellie. She is such a cute little explorer. Please continue to go on lots of outings and share your pictures and videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany! I'm sorry I've been such a bad friend. I had every intention of stopping by to see you guys before you moved, but things got crazy. I was gone pretty much all of July and then when we got back (the week you guys left) I got sick :( I didn't want to come by and spread my germs, especially with you guys traveling across the entire country.

    Anyway, it sounds like things are going really well in Boston! What a fun adventure!

    P.S. Trent got an interview at A.T. for October 7th!! He is SO relieved and psyched! Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing ellie shout the British are coming, the British are coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad that you made it safe. Such a long drive... and you are seeing so many amazing things! So fun. Looks like you will be working at a great hospital- good luck with Ob-gyn- all the ladies you see will just love you. :-)

    ReplyDelete