Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Massachusettes



Dear Massachusettes (or Boston to be exact),

  Do you not understand that August is still technically summer and that clouds/rain are not welcome in the summer? What did you do with the sun? Please speak with Arizona, she has a lot of sun and summer experience she might like to share with you.
  Why do you want $1700 for a hole in the wall p.o.s. apartment? Location, location, location right? Well let me tell you something, you are greedy as all get up. These apartments are terrible and yet they want to rape our bank account. I feel violated. And on that note, DELEAD all of your apartments please. It is ridiculous how you think it is ok to treat children so horribly.  You are discriminating against the only thing that is holding this world together.  Without children this planet would cease to exsist and your precious little city would have no one to pay for apartments. DELEAD your apartments.
  Furthermore, why in the world do you have so many toll roads? Why am I paying $3.00 to just drive home? Do you understand that is a whole j-dawg? I realize that I am a cheap woman and it pains me to spend money on things that are unnecessary, but I don't appreciate being taken advantage of.
  Speaking of your roads. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I want to pull my hair out everytime I get in the car. Who built these roads? There should be some sort of eternal damnation for those responsible.  I can't believe how confused I get.  Maybe the oil companies are behind it all? They must know how many ridiculously wrong turns that are made and that we will all waste gas trying to figure out where in the world we are. That means more money for them through their unfathomly high gas prices.
  You do have beautiful trees.  Everywhere I turn I see a landscape other parts of the country would die for.  I mean some of your forests are prime material for rapists and cerial killers so they scare me, but if the world were a better place I would be captivated with your beauty.  Eventhough there are way too many people here, the air is still fresh and feels so good in my lungs.
  You do parks right here.  Oh. my. gosh. Your parks are amazing. There is green everywhere I look. Maybe my toll expenses are going toward the little enclosed mini adventure zones that are on every corner? Jaxon would kill to play at one of these beauties.  But Boston, lets keep it real, no kids play at these parks because the weather is horrible.  So, here they are to tempt the little peanuts and give hope to a sunny day that will never come. Sad. And a little cruel.  They need to donate these parks to California where they can be put to good use all year around.
  You truly are an intellectual haven.  Within ten min I saw the beautiful, and close to my heart, Harvard University and the incredible and equally beautiful MIT. The architecture is to die for.  I can't take my eyes off your buildings.  You sure do age well.  And then there was the Harvard Law Library.  This place took my breath away.  I mean if you are a library person as I most certainly am, you must visit Harvard.  The smell of old book wafted through the halls and the paintings just added to the mystique.  We all know what an art lover i am.  I think I am just a lover of beauty and the beauty of Harvard University has stolen my heart.  Oh Harvard, Please take good care of my husband these next three years. He will be spending a lot more time in your beautiful arms than mine and I just want you to love him like I would.  And cheer for my little stud as he takes law school by full charge haha.
  We are looking forward to getting better acquainted with you and hope you will be kind to us.
Much Love,
Us

1 comment:

  1. O.K. hilarious!! I am really going to love reading the escapades of the Johnsons over the next three years, haha. Sorry to hear about the apartment, that sucks ;( Hang in there girlie, I will try to absorb a little more sun for you this month, take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete