Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A new normal

This is a phrase the doctor I work with right now says all the the time.  "Your body is on vacation", she says, "And when you deliver the baby your body might not go back to normal but it will find a new normal."

I feel like I am that pregnant woman again. Haha no I'm not 50 pounds heavier, actually quite the contrary these days since I am usually too busy to make time to eat. I just feel like my life is in an adjustment period. Here I am in Belmont Massachusettes, starting a new phase of school, starting a new phase of life, and just trying to make it all work.
Leon has started school and he absolutely loves it. Law school is definately a lot of work, but he is learning and making lots of friends and he is happy. I am so proud of my Mr. I am getting my clinical rotations done and loving every minute of it, but it is also a lot of work. I think the hardest thing to do is to find a balance in our new life, to figure out our new normal.
So we have moved into our new apartment, and I have been spending every spare second to put a drape up here and a picture up there. We are definately not even close to done nesting, but we have made a little progress so I thought I would share some pics of the new place.

The dining room (Yay for BYU degrees!!)

Haha the boxes are gone now and the kitchen is a little cleaner but this is where the culinary magic will happen

Our bedroom

Ellie's room: I modged podged her toy closet and it made me feel like a traditional mormon mom...I loved it. 

Our living room...find Ellie
We have started to settle in, but I have to admit I miss my little Arizonian paridise and all my amazing Arizona friends. I'm sure we will make more friends and the place will feel more like home, but until then, I love you Arizona, and I wish that Harvard was located in your warm arms.  I miss you family and I know we are very far away, but please don't forget us and come visit whenever you can. We do have three bedrooms now so one will always be calling your name (Kelsie, Kelsie, Kelsie come visit us!).
I will just leave you with a little gem of my favorite little cutie and her new favorite toy...
The Remote!
We love and miss you all!
Love, Us

1 comment:

  1. I think I also hear one of those rooms calling "Ali, Ali, Ali come visit us!" love and miss you brit! I think about you ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete