Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ellie's First Birthday

September 14, 2010. The. best. day. ever.

 Honestly, no other day has ever changed the course of my life like Ellie's birthday. I mean my first positive pregnancy test did a good number on my life. And of course my wedding might be a close second. But the moment I set eyes on this little piece of heavenly perfection I like to call Ellie, I truly emerged into a mother.  I have been a mama for one whole year!  I can't believe how big she has gotten and how much we have both grown into each other. She is my life and I love her with everything that I am. Can I say I highly recommend motherhood? Oh and I even more highly recommend little girls. 



So, for Ellie's birthday I got to go to work a little late, which gave me and baby girl a little snuggle time in the am. She took her bath and got ready for the day.



After her bath, Ellie and I sat on the kitchen rug, where we often have picnics since we are currently looking for a kitchen table, and ate some yummy scrambled eggs. Then it was time for the birthday outfit and a little Veggie Tales.


I snuck out and Ellie got to enjoy some bonding time with Mimi.  Thankfully, the princess decided to drop by the hospital to have lunch with Mommy.




She was the cutest baby that hospital had ever seen haha. Josephina always says, "There is only one cute baby, and every mom has it". True, true my friend.

Then Ellie got to go shopping with Mimi. Isn't that every girls birthday dream, a nice little shopping spree? Don't tell Leon but we are getting her nice and girly young.



After her shopping trip, Grandpa came to visit and took us out for a birthday dinner.




We then came home and had a little birthday party. Holli and Carder even got to join in the fun via skype. She ate cupcakes, opened presents, and made a little birthday wish.







One of her favorite presents was the princess car that Mimi got her. She loves to climb on and off. She also loved all of the music that she can dance to.



At one year Ellie:
- has six teeth
- is standing on her own and will walk holding one hand but is too nervous to take that first step
- is eating a variety of foods, her favorite being guacamole
- Loves Sesame Street
-Loves music
-Loves to play with friends, especially Jaxon
- Is constantly talking and mimicing anything you say
- Can consistantly say: mama, mom, dada, daddy (da-ee), baby, bye, hi, dog, baba, nite nite, no, and yeah
- Loves to sprawl out on the bed when she sleeps (often she wakes up in the horizontal position)
- is kind of a picky eater I think she would just rather play than eat
- loves, loves, loves dogs
- loves baby dolls and always gives them kisses and will pat them on the back just like she does when she gives mommy and daddy a hug
- loves to be clapped for will do just about anything if you will clap for her
- says hi and waves to everyone
-Is the love of our lives and will be forever!


Happy First Birthday Ellie Callait Johnson
Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon and back!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ellie!!! She is beautiful! That 1st year goes by so fast, time just seems to speed up with the addition of a little one. Cute blog! I didn't even know you were a blogger. Thank you for your comment and for your prayers for Jake. Things could have been much much worse. It looks like you and your little family are doing well! Good luck with finding a balance between school and being a mom, that has to be quite the challenge. Going to a knew place is always tough, I am not a fan of change. But I'm sure you will grow to love Massachusetts! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, happy birthday to Ellie!!! As always she is stinkin' adorable!! She has so much hair now, I love it!! And look at all of her teeth! Miss you guys! I still look for your car in the parking lot..haha. Oh and Trent's interview is 3 weeks from today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy b-day Ellie from your Aunt Erica, Uncle Luke, and cousins Andie, Avery, and Erynn! We love and miss you! Looks like you had a great day! I totally agree with your mommy, girls are way more fun and I am lucky enough to have had three of the prettiest girls ever!! It's a Johnson thing ;)

    ReplyDelete