Thursday, September 15, 2011

Salem, MA

Bah! Massachusettes sure keeps us busy.  This week we have been so lucky to have Mimi come and visit. I don't know what I would do without her. I am still working long hours and missing my Ellie Bean like crazy. I am learning a lot and really loving the opportunity, but nothing feels as right as holding a little blonde haired blue eyed princess in your arms.
So, for the weekend we decided to take a little Sunday drive to Salem, MA. A little family bonding time. If the first thought that jumps into your mind is "Witches", we are on the same page my friend. In fact, I remember being in grade school and googling the Salem witch trials to desperately find out more information. I know way more that a person should know haha.  It is quite interesting how the town has capitalized on such a tradgedy. A witch museum here, a witch brewery there.  It was a fun day nonetheless and I must go back around halloween.

Sunday Best

Daddy playing dolls (haha sometimes I hear the dolls having political conversations about the meaning of capitalism or what a democracy is and I laugh so hard) 

Muah I love that face of hers

Mommy and Ellie

The Witch Museum

The Johnson Family

Can't turn down a photo op with a pirate right? Ellie was a little frightened by the guy lol.

The graveyard of some of the judges in the witch trials 
Daddy and Ellie

Look at that sad face. I guess Ellie didn't want to be a witch, she is just too sweet.

Her poor little nose was getting a little cold down by the water

Mommy and Ellie like to dance when we are having a good time

Giving Holli a view of the whole outfit (she likes when I do that)

Needless to say, we had a very fun day together. Kind of sad that Mimi didn't get in any pictures, but she was there too. I might have already watched two more documentaries on the witch trials since we have been back haha, don't judge me. Love and miss you all!

Love,
Us

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the polk a dot cardi...Give that baby (or big girl as Carder insists that Ellie is no longer a baby) lots and lots of kisses on those delectable cheeks of hers. Love you all and we can't wait to make a trip out there to see you!!!

    Holli

    ReplyDelete