Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sunny Sunday

Woohoo!! Guess What?! The sun came out! And to make matters even better, it came out on the weekend. This means we got to enjoy the sunshine with Daddy. Needless to say, this was so amazing for me. Talk about recharged. It was a sunny 77 degrees. It was so beautiful in fact, that our little family decided to take the long way home from church.

Did I mention that we have been doing a little ward hopping? We started going to the Whitechaple ward, which is the ward we currently live in, but we decided that if we take the plunge and move here, we should probably check out some other wards too. So, we are currently attending the Hyde park ward. This ward meets at nine in the morning in the Exhibition road building. It is very Americanized and honestly it is wonderful. It is like a breath of fresh air when I was missing home so much. I'm a baby, I know. But you know what? The other ward didn't even have a nursery and in this ward Ellie will stay in the nursery...by herself... the whole time. Worth it. Anyways, both wards are great, but I think we will keep attending the Hyde park ward for obvious reasons. 

After church on Sunday, we were amazed with how warm and sunny it was. We decided to do a little walking around Kensington Gardens and then went ahead and walked home. We found the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain, which I was told by a few people was really lame. Not Lame. At least not on a warm sunny day when it is full of little kids looking to cool off. We walked around the fountain too many times to count, we danced in the fountain, and we splashed in the fountain. It was so great to feel like it was actually summer. Not to mention spend some quality family time together.

The fountain is found in Hyde Park, which unfortunately I had never been to before this trip to London. I am starting to really love Hyde Park. This place comes to life on a warm sunny day. The Lido, built in the 1930s for swimming and sunbathing, is full of Brits and tourists looking for some cooler temperatures, the lake is full of row and paddle boats, and people are enjoying their surroundings in various ways. I love people watching here. And I think Ellie is starting to enjoy her ridiculously charmed life as well.

Here are a few pics of our fabulously sunny Sunday.

A little fun in the fountain




The serpentine at Hyde Park
Oh I thought I would add these beauties as well. These little cuties are obsessed with the park. In fact, I have a little girl begging me to go right now.  Love and miss you all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment