Monday, July 22, 2013

Camden Market

Funky, Hip, and New Age.


Basically, everything that I am not, but this place is still my favorite market here i= love, love, love the ambiance and the goods. I feel like I could have spent so much money there bringing home treasures. At other markets I love looking at the fun things people are selling, but I would never think it practical to buy anything. I just wish I were a little more like my Nana, a great bargainer. I am so nervous to come back with a counter offer, so I just walk away if something is too expensive. 



So, when we got to the market literally people just wanted to play with Ellie and give her stuff. We were looking at hats and this old hip asian man told Ellie she looked great in these glasses. He told her to keep them and since it was scorching that day, Ellie kept them on. I think she looks great too, haha.


Then, she found this pink inflatable dolphin that she immediately fell in love with. The man at that stall also told Ellie that she could just have it. Maybe that is when i fell in love with this market. Nothing screams awesome like people giving away stuff for free, even if it is really ghetto stuff. She loves the dolphin and so does Jet. It was a great gift for my toy deprived kids.

We found some great dresses and cool watches. I tried to bargain, but felt too uncomfortable, so I left just dreaming of a gold jigga boo watch that would have looked great on my wrist.

It was getting really hot, so we stopped at a bubble drink cafe to try and cool off. My friend Robyn came with us and since she was 27 weeks pregnant we needed to make sure we didn't make her suffer too much in the heat. We cooled off with these really yummy treats and a little indian street food that was just ok.


I wanted to go to Regents park after the market and so we decided to take a music boat down the canal instead of walking. This man from Argentina serenaded us as we rode through a magical landscape. Ellie loved being in the boat and putting her hands in the pretty gross water. Kids will be kids, right? The music was great and Ellie told me, "Thanks mom for the boat ride! I love it!" That alone was worth it. I don't think Jet knew he was in a boat or he would have loved it too. But all that Jet really notices or cares about these days is food. So I fed him grapes and he was quite the happy camper.




 We are in love. Did I tell you that he is now crawling around the house saying mama mama? He is such a good boy.


 Our Musician


No comments:

Post a Comment