Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Exhibition Road

Museums, museums, and more museums.

We love making the trip to South Kensington because we can't get enough of the museums. Our favorite is probably the science museum (OK, well its my favorite). We love to check out the rocket/space section, the engine/train section, the airplane section, and of course the garden.

The garden is a play area for kids 3-6 years and is full of hands on science. Ellie especially loves playing in the garden. She begs to go to the museum all the time, probably because she thinks they all have stuff for kids. And in fact, London does a pretty good job at entertaining kids through learning. We can always find stuff for kids alongside learning for adults.  Ellie loves playing in the water and collecting pillows (bean bags) so she can throw them through the chutes in the tree house. Jet just loves being free. I think he has officially spent too much time in the ergo. And I love to watch both of their imaginations at work.



Trains






And Planes. She doesn't sit still for long, so I very rarely get a good picture, ugh.


We always have so much fun running around and learning about all the amazing things that innovative men and women have done throughout history. Ellie especially loves to go places I can't with a stroller and tell me she will meet me at the end (pictured above). It basically gives me a heart attack.


This place, on the other hand, does not give me a heart attack. In fact, I love it! I think it is so important to ingrain a love of learning young and to use every opportunity you can to stimulate the sense of curiosity in little ones. I love when Elle asks me questions (and I love that I can give them adequate answers..only in the science museum). Education is so important at every age.

Water Play:





 Tree House/ Pillow fun:



Sounds and Lights




Building our castle:




 


We also love the Victoria and Albert museum across the street. It is full of artifacts, ceramics, furniture, and sculptures from across the world and through different eras. I especially love all the english history and artifacts they have. It is almost like you are walking through time. Even Jetty wanted to see what it was like to be a baby in the 1600s.

Jet in his ruffle


Bah! This little boy has my heart. He is still crying way too much but I would only put up with that nonsense for this little face. These are some of my favorite pieces from the museum. I can't believe our English adventure is over on Friday. We are so grateful for this opportunity and have had such a fun time, but we are ready to come home. Love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment