Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Stupendous Afternoon Tea

Where do you go when you want to really impress a two and a half year old??

To a Tea Party of course.

I have been looking for the perfect place to experience afternoon tea with my littles and at first I thought maybe Harrods or The Strand Hotel, but lets be honest here...she is two. The fancy schmancy hotels might not be cool with our tornado lifestyle. So, as I searched high and low I found this gem of a tea party. The Radisson Hotel in Covent Garden is located across the street from the theatre currently showing Matilda the musical and have implemented a tea that is perfect for children who are stupendously brilliant, like Matilda. I have one of those, so, naturally it was perfect!!

She wore her pink tutu and princes crown. And I was in love with her all day.

We were greeted at the door and taken into the Dial bar. We had the entire place to ourselves. They served us delicious milkshakes. I got chocolate and she ordered strawberry. The drinks were surprisingly big and they were oh so yummy. Then came the afternoon tea snacks. There were cucumber, cheese, egg salad, and ham sandwiches, along with scones, chocolate fondue and fruit, cupcakes, brownies, strawberry truffle, lemon loaf, and a few other random goodies. It is safe to say we were stuffed by the end of our party. Jet slept the whole time, so it was so wonderful to have some girl only time.

We found this fantastic princess chair upon our entrance. And she found these sheep. She hugged and kissed the sheep on the way out and told them she will miss them. Kinda weird but kinda sweet. The best part was after the tea party, we walked hand in hand down the SoHo streets. She looked up at me and with her sweet little voice said, "Thank you mom for the tea party. It was the best tea ever!" I. could. die. If kids could only learn that this is all they have to do and they would get whatever they want. It was a good day.

Feeling a little tired in the Princess Chair

Her favorite sheeps

We are in love






Yummy


She was even given a copy of this famous childrens novel. She has loved reading it at night and will even ask for it during the day. My little nerd. I love her.







After the tea party we headed over to St James Park to feed the ducks with our moldy bread. I like to buy bread when it is on sale, so sometimes we get moldy bread faster than I would like. Its ok though because it makes for wonderful duck feeding moments like these. I sure do have an animal lover on my hands. Jet had a rough time understanding that he could not eat the bread himself. Ellie said, "That baby eats anything" Well Elle, I couldn't have said it better myself.








We love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment