Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ward Halloween Party

First and foremost: yes, I'm still pregnant. The worst part is that contractions have basically stopped and boy boy has decided he is just fine right there in my uterus. Really little boy? You are going to put me through pain for the past six weeks and make me worry that you will be too early and then when it is time for you to make your appearance you are all of the sudden fine? Boys are so fickle...just like Daddy lol.  So, I guess he is just waiting for Mimi's arrival and inevitably so am I.

Second, our ward Halloween party was last night. This year we decided to channel our inner cougar. Not too hard since our family bleeds blue. I remember when I was seven I had a BYU cheerleader costume and went trick or treating as a dead cheerleader. Gross, right? Well, my child is not the scary type so we just went with a cute BYU cheerleader. Dad was a football player and I was the referee (baby boy would have been the football, but he has not made his arrival quite yet). It was quite the ordeal to get Elle ready for the party. All she wanted to do was to put on a minnie mouse costume. Duh, right? I should have seen that one coming. But since when did my baby get big enough to choose what she wants to be for halloween? After much coaxing and bribing (which included letting her paint Daddy's face), she finally gave in. I was so excited to be able to get her all ready. I had this image in my head of her sitting in the sink while I did her make-up and painted her face...why do things never work out as planned? All she wanted to do was play monster with Daddy. 
Ellie "Dad zoo be monster and I be little girl"
Dad "raaaaaar!"
Ellie "Ahhhhhhh!" runs away screaming and flinging her arms.
Ellie "Dad, I be monster and zoo be little girl"

I love when Leon comes home from school at a decent hour, but he gets this little girl jumping off the walls. She CANNOT get enough of her Daddy. I love how much they love each other.

Anyways, with Daddy's help we made it out the door and joined the Belmont first ward Halloween festivities. We ate hot dogs, salad, and cupcakes. I kind of miss the chili tradition of my home ward but what do you do? We played games, colored, read stories, and bounced in the jump house. Then we headed home safe and sound. Are we ready for the big night on Oct 31? Yes. Has Ellie been begging for candy and saying "Trick or Treat Mom"? Of course. Will this baby get out of my belly so we can finally have our little football? Only time will tell.






1 comment:

  1. You all look great! And I would DIE to look like you when I am pregnant. Gosh.

    ReplyDelete