Friday, October 12, 2012

East Coast Beach Day




The past couple of weeks have flown by.  I'm so lucky to now have my sister just down the street, I feel like I always have a friend to do whatever it is I want. So, we decided since the sunny days are limited here in Boston, that we needed to head to the beach. The weather was nice and the kids had a great time running in and out of the shallow water. I love, love, love that Ellie has her cousins here to play with. It has really helped her start getting used to sharing the attention and learning to play well with others. She is still does her own thing a lot of the time, but she loves to play games with Carder and basically follows the kid around like a groupie. But hey, you have to admit he is hard to resist.

So we got to the beach in the late afternoon and being nine months pregnant, I was content just sitting on the blanket watching the kids play in the water. I loved listening to the sound of crashing waves and am sure that there will be beaches in heaven. It was so peaceful I couldn't help but wish for a moment that I would go into labor right then and there. But I was glad after that moment slipped, and I had a little girl needing me to climb rocks, make sand castles, and spin her around in the water, that I still had a little more time.

Wingaersheek is my favorite beach out here for little ones. The reef is really long and it is in a kind of bay that makes it perfect for little kiddos to play. There are also lots of rock to climb and tide pools to explore. Ellie was fearless and was climbing the rocks and jumping in the tide pools like a boss. She has gotten into saying constantly, "Mom, I have a show zoo someping" or "follow me Mom". It is too cute to ever say no to so, I just end up going. Maybe not the best idea this time since she was leading me up rocks and down slippery slopes. It was quite the sight to see this big belly of mine following her every move. But she is my little buddy and I am just so grateful that I have the privilege to play with her everyday. I'm so excited for this little boy, I can't wait to see how much Ellie will love him. In fact, I'm getting a little baby hungry myself and can't wait to love him.

Speaking of the boy, quick update: I am now 37 2/7 and had an appointment yesterday. She said I was 80% effaced and 3 cm dilated. Basically, boy can come anytime now! Kind of crazy right? I still don't feel comfortable with having my boy at less than 38 weeks just because I have seen babies, especially boys who don't do as well without that extra couple weeks. So, I am hoping we can make it a few more weeks. But lets be honest my children own me and do what they want lol. I will be happy to have him whenever he decides he is ready to make his way into this world.











Oh yeah, did i tell you I met Mitt Romney? Well I did. And it was Ah-mazing!! We volunteered at a fancy schmancy fundraiser and were able to get a photo op. He was so kind, he thanked us for being there and asked about the baby. I am so sad I did not get to say more to him. I wanted so bad to thank him for what he is doing for our country and for my kids, but I just was too star struck. I am so proud to be a Romney/Ryan supporter.

Add caption

1 comment:

  1. I love love love all your pictures. I also love the beach and hope there are beaches in heaven. I can't wait to come visit you and welcome your beautiful baby boy to the world. Before he comes, blog more.....love it, love you!!

    ReplyDelete