Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Get Out and VOTE!!!


Don't judge me.
But it is true, this will be the first time I vote in a national election.
I never could figure out or took the time to figure out how to vote in college since I was always out of state. I have no idea why because I am extremely politically motivated. I guess I was a bad American haha.
But I am registered and my ballot has arrived in the mail. I realize that I am still registered in California and my vote will count just as much as it would here in the deep blue Massachusetts, but this is the MOST important election in my lifetime. 
The results of this election will not only effect my own life but the lives of my children. I look at little Ellie and can't imagine wanting anything but the best for her. It is so sad for me to think about the selfishness that this nation has resorted to. Often voters only care about what can be given to them or what can be done for them and they don't think about what those things do to their children or grandchildren. What happened to the country that was full of people who would give their life for freedom? Freedom isn't free. Don't people realize that free food, free medical care, free housing just makes these people rely on the government? Don't they realize that if they rely on the government that  they are giving up their freedom. That same freedom that cost the lives of so many great men and women.
We need someone who can bring America back to its roots. Someone who would make George Washington proud and put F.D.R. back in his place. We need someone like Mitt Romney. Ellie needs someone like Mitt Romney. She deserves her best chance and I will do everything in my power to give that to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment