Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Trafalgar Square

Trafalgar Square. Home to the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, Canada House, the Lion statues, two fun fountains, and one big military statue. This place is always hoppin and alive. I especially love it on a warm, sunny, summer day. I especially love everything on a warm, sunny, summer day. This place screams tourism, but that's OK because we like tourists. They always ask us questions and we love that we can usually help them. Its fun to start up a conversation and find out what they are doing in London-town. It is only about a mile and a half from our house so not too bad of a walk. We walk a lot. I bet we walk about 3-5 miles on average a day. I partly do it because I love to see the city and I partly do it because I don't want to pay for the tube. I am so cheap. But it is good exercise and I am all about a healthy and fit family.

We have taken many a trips to Trafalgar Square the past few weeks, but this was the first. In fact, the first time I came to London in the summer of '06 this was one of the first places I came. I also came to Trafalgar square to watch the '08 summer Olympics on the big jumbo tron when I was in London on study abroad. They had set up little aquatic performances and I remember seeing little kids swimming in the fountains. I always dreamed of one day letting my littles swim in the fountains. Apparently there are now signs that say no swimming, so I let Elle dip her toes in. It is now tradition. Whenever we go to Trafalgar we stop and dip our toes in. I kinda love it. She kinda loves it. And I'm sure Jet loves it too. 

This little girl of mine is the definition of fun. She is always running around singing songs and doing funny little dances. We have danced our way through London and turned this town upside down. I love my little side kicks. They make getting around this city a whole lot harder, but they sure do make it a lot more fun too.

Toes in the fountain

Trafalgar Square

Ellie being Ellie

She really likes to run around the fountain. And she really doesn't like to wear shoes.

Add caption




Tradition

No comments:

Post a Comment