Sunday, June 9, 2013

Teeth


Jet is now seven and a half months. Where did the time go? He is growing up twice as fast as Ellie and its driving me nuts. One example is that the kid will eat anything. He can eat grapes, pineapple, bread, apples, oranges, and he never chokes. He gums them down and swallows like he has been eating forever. He loves food and tries to steal anything and everything he can. He especially loves to steal from his big sister. She is sometimes happy to share and is thoroughly offended other times. 

I think all this success in eating is being aided along by his steady production of pearly whites. We first noticed Jet's new set of teeth two days after his six month birthday. Both of his front bottom teeth appeared within days of each other. This was shocking because Ellie's mouth was naked until nine months. This early teething business has been awful in the breastfeeding arena. Jet will get bored and just clamp down. I can't help but scream when he does this. I've even caught myself a time or two flicking his little nose for being so naughty. 

So, there we were tonight, watching the Lorax with our family and letting Jetty chew on my finger, when I felt a little something. "There is no way", I thought. I could have sworn I felt something sharp in the upper right gum of Jet's mouth. Naturally I pinned him to the ground and went exploring. Lo and behold, he has a new tooth. Now, get ready for this because it is weird. His first top tooth is not one of the centrally located but the one right next to it on the right. It is right there, clear as day. I sure hope the rest grow in too. It is going to be death for my chest but I don't want him to be the weirdo who has one random looking tooth. 

Bah!! Why oh why do you have to grow teeth so soon? You are already crawling everywhere and standing up to furniture. Now you think you are allowed to grow your top teeth. Who told you that was ok? Well, its not. So, put that little buggar back into your gums and stay my baby forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment