Sunday, June 2, 2013

Palmyra

Better late than never.

My new blog motto. We have done some really important and amazing things in the past few months. Things that I want to remember forever, so I know I need to journal them. I love keeping a family journal on this little blog so pardon the lack of chronology here.

After Leon finished finals, we decided to make the trip to Palmyra, NY that has always been on our bucket list. We drove the three hours to Albany and stayed the night in a hotel. Ellie loves hotels. She runs directly to the bed and starts jumping and screaming, "Its party time!!" Love that girl. And I'm pretty sure the Marriott in Albany had the best blueberry muffins I have ever had. I love me a good blueberry muffin. We even got in a trip to the pool. Can't beat running around playing sea monster with this toe head two year old.

The next day we drove the next three hours to Palmyra. It was an unbelievable drive. So pretty. We went and toured Joseph Smith's house and farm then we went into the sacred grove. The log cabin that the Smiths lived in when Joseph was a boy was tiny. And we complain about our boston digs, ha.

The family outside of the Smith's log cabin house
 The Smiths old log cabin

I don't know why I put this on here but its the inside of the cabin. Not really important but I'm too lazy to edit.


In the Smith's apple orchard


Mommy and Ellie bonding time cooling our toes in the creek.


Love my little piece of perfect.


 The sacred grove

When we entered the grove a peaceful spirit overcame me. I knew without a doubt that something very special happened there. I knew that God the Father and Christ Himself showed there presence in that grove and I was humbled to be able to walk in such a holy place. I felt so close to the Savior and Heavenly Father and felt so grateful for all I have been given in this life. I am beyond blessed and know that the time we spent in that special place with our family was priceless.

The next day Leon got up early and did a session at the temple. I was able to go as well when he got home. Then we took the kids to the temple to check it out. Elle wanted to go inside so badly but was content admiring the flowers outside. It took everything in her little body to not pick them. I had to keep telling her that they were Jesus' flowers and that we can't pick them. She also had been learning a special song that she performed in front of the temple. Hearing her sing I Love to See the Temple is one of the most special things in the world. I love it so much.




 My Love.

Then we went to the visitor's center at Hill Cumorhuh and watched a video about families that really touched my heart. Mostly because mine was to be sealed in the temple in just a few days from then. How grateful I am for them. A missionary gave Ellie a picture of Jesus that she wouldn't put down. She said she wanted to put it in her room when she got to London. You can see her holding it in the picture below. We trecked up the hill and got so see the monument. Elle kept asking if she could go find the gold plates. She really wanted them because gold is her favorite (she has learned to say everything is her favorite because she can get what she wants that way...manipulative girl ;) ).


It was such a fun trip. I love spending time with these folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment