Sunday, June 2, 2013

Brighton

Guess what! We are officially in England. It has been a week and we have already done and seen so much. The city with little ones is quite the experience. I try to get out everyday and see something new and I always come back exhausted. In the past week my two year old and 7 month old have been to the museum of London, the Tate Modern, Borough Market (more than once), Trafalgar square, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, Spaitlefield Market, the British Museum, and the London South Bank. Talk about an exciting week, right? Ellie even asks me one day, "Mom, what are we going to learn at the museum today?" You know you are being a good parent when they start asking that right? haha. I think that makes Holli a great parent because my nephew asks her stuff like that all the time. 

Anyway, most recently we took a family trip to the seaside town of Brighton. Leon and I got up early Saturday morning and packed up the kids and headed to the train station. It was freezing and cloudy and we were all a little nervous that mother nature did not have the perfect beach day in store for us, but we ventured on. It was our first train ride as a family through the English countryside and it was beautiful. There is something so charming about an English cottage surrounded by sparkling green grass. The sun was finally coming out and it made for some wonderful scenery. So after an enchanting 45 min train ride we were there.

First stop in Brighton was the Marina and beach of course. We sat by the sea and ate our home made lunch.  The beach was full of pebbles instead of sand and it was a little less comfy than the beaches back home, but it still made for a great time. In fact, I loved it for Jet because he wasn't able to take handfuls of sand and fill his mouth with them. He just sucked on rocks the whole time. Which I'm cool with. Ellie loved throwing the rocks into the sea. So did Daddy come to think of it.

After lunch we took a stroll along the beach. We walked to the boardwalk and were amazed at what a fun place Brighton was. It is so funny how one's conception of fun changes once they become a parent. I couldn't wait to watch Ellie ride those silly little kiddie rides. She especially loved the carousel and the kiddie roller coaster. I loved the light house slide. 

We ate fish and chips, made some new friends and finished the day off with some chocolate and a walk down the Themes. It was such a perfect day and I wish Leon didn't have to go to work and that money grew on trees so that everyday could be so good haha.

We love and miss you all!

Love, Us
 First train ride. I give them and A+.

 So nice to have Daddy's help

 Lunch on the beach. Sandwich for me and rocks for Jet pack.




 Bahaha I love Jet's face here. He is too funny.











1 comment:

  1. AHHH! I am so jealous of your fun times in London town. I love how busy you and the kiddos have been- what a good mama you are! I can't wait to hear more about your trip and see even more pictures of our old haunts. Maybe you and Leon should go to Club Punk? haha :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete