Sunday, June 24, 2012

22 weeks


We made it to 22 weeks! We are over half way done YAY! What to say, what to say? Well, for starters, sometimes I am concerned about the little bugger because of the hostile environment that he is growing in. I literally am go, go, go all the time. When I am at home, i am not only carrying around all the extra body and baby that comes along with pregnancy, but also a twenty pound princess that has decided she would rather be carried around life than walk. And with the boards coming up and trying desperately to finish my last rotations, all of the cortisol levels from stress floating around in my body can't possible be good for the little one. I'm trying desperately to relax and just enjoy the summer, but its getting harder and harder by the day. I am so grateful to be here in California with my family to help while I finish my masters degree. I honestly panic every time I think about moving back to Massachusetts in August bah!

I think these hormones are getting the best of me lately. I have broken down in tears multiple times about the silliest things. One of the more famous issues in our home that is sure to bring tears to my delicate eyes is politics. I can't believe how worked up I get about the current political situation. I told Leon the other day, with tears rolling down my face, that i was "just so sad" and of course my sweet husband can't help but give me one of those all encompassing hugs. You know the ones that make you feel as if everything is going to be OK again. Then he sweetly says, "Whats wrong? Are you overwhelmed with all the studying you need to do for the boards?" and I honestly replied, "No.  Its the Economy. I just feel so sad for the kids and what is happening to our country." We couldn't help but just laugh at how much I get worked up over this subject. Safe to say i want Obama gone for the health of my unborn baby and my country.

Speaking of the unborn baby, we are in love. He is getting so big and strong. He moves around a lot and has succeeded to stretch those round ligaments. Bah it is so painful to walk and run sometimes. worse on the left than the right, but he is worth it. Daddy still hasn't felt him kick yet and I think it is starting to frustrate him. But the little one is kinda shy, I guess. I am constantly craving hot spicy things. I went to the store the other day and couldn't resist the hot cheetos screaming my name. What in the world? I don't even like hot cheetos. He also is making me crave hot wings and wants me to put hot sauce on everything. Great, I've got another set of guacamole loving taste buds coming to the family. I can't wait to meet him and love all over his little Johnson face.

 We miss and love you all. Can't wait for our trip to Utah this weekend. I haven't been back to the state since we married and moved to Mesa over two years ago. I can't wait to teach Ellsie about the beloved cougars and show her the fish bowl. I'm going to try and find Sister Fredrickson out at Temple square and am so excited to see Holli's new digs. I'm always excited to see my beautiful Nana and kiss my Papa's sweet face. Three days and counting. Muah xo
Love Us

1 comment:

  1. i love how passionate you are about politics!! Have fun in Utah! I'm really wanting to make it back to Utah sometime soon! love you.

    ReplyDelete