Tuesday, July 10, 2012

23 weeks


I still can't believe how big I am for how far along I am, bah! But hey whatever grows this baby nice and healthy now, and I will worry about the rest later. I was 23 weeks on the fourth of July, hence the red, white and blue. We decided to face the crowds at the beach that day since Leon and I both had the day off.  Of course it was freezing cold and we only stayed for like an hour, but Ellsie loved playing with her Dad in the sand and running in and out of the tide. Uncle Nick came to visit and my BBQ-T grilled it up with hamburgers, hot dogs, and of course mexican sodas. For some reason, as long as I've know Leon and Nick they have loved to BBQ and drink mexican soda. According to Leon, a BBQ is not complete without a mexican soda. Its borderline obsessive and weird, I know. Then we headed over to the sports park to watch fireworks or as Ellie called them, "boom booms". It was such a fun day and we had so much fun with Nick and the family.

As for baby Jet Pack, he is moving around more than ever. If there is one thing I learned last time about my children, it was that they are very much the same in utero as they are as infants. Ellie would always get photographed via ultrasound in certain position that she still does to this day. Little Jet loves to move and literally never sleeps. Im in for it. At 24 weeks, almost, he is kicking harder and more frequently than I can remember Elle kicking...ever. But maybe I just don't remember that well. And thus my blogging this time around haha. Leon still hasn't caught the little guy in his temper tantrums, which surprises me because often I not only feel him but I see my entire belly shake. Being pregnant is such a weird thing sometimes.

So tomorrow is my last day of my internal medicine rotation and then I have three more weeks until graduation!! I still haven't signed up for the boards yet but I have realized how badly I need to study. I have one final rotation in Arizona for the next two weeks, which means I will be away from Ellie. I am honestly scared to death. Ellie and I are joint at the hip and I need her. She makes my days worth living and sparkles my nights. I know that I will be crying myself to sleep every night that I'm away from her sweet spirit. Life and priorities really do change once you become a mother. I used to think I could do it all and that I was too smart to stay home and that I wanted to spend my life "actually being productive". Ugh, I am eating my words now because I hate having to rip myself away from that sweet cuddle bear in the mornings. I think about her all day and long for the sweet kisses I get when I'm home. I never, NEVER want to work full time again. I am so excited to stay home with Ellie Bean and work on Potty training, letters, numbers, and colors. I can't wait to set up gymnastics class and dance class in our dining room. I can't wait to make cookies with those sweet little hands and go on play dates. There is so  much that one misses out on when you spend so much time in hospitals.

Three more weeks and I'm done with school (the boards are a different story), but wish me luck!! Love and miss you all.

Love, Us

No comments:

Post a Comment