Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gymnastics



When I was a little girl, I was really involved in gymnastics. Ok, ok gymnastics was my life from 1996-2001. I might have even thought that I would be in the 2012 olympics one day, come to think of it. Could you imagine me in London this summer?! Instead, I ended up pregnant, chasing around a two year old and trying frantically to finish my master degree. Haha sometimes London sounds nice.  All of my hard work and training happened right here in this little building in Temecula, CA. I spent so many hours working on different skills and routines. From my first cartwheel to my first back tuck, I cannot tell you how many wonderful memories SCEGA brings back to me. I even worked here as a coach in college when Leon and I first started dating. He would come here and watch me. One time he even left a little post it on the radio in my car that said "push play". The newest Celine Dion cd started playing and I was so excited and touched I cried. Cute, right?  So, when I realized that Ellie was old enough for Sparklers 1 I could not help but enroll her. I was a little worried about how well she would stand in line and take turns, but I figured why not give it a shot.




Ellie was so good on the bars. I was amazed at her strength and coordination for her first time. Her perfect little smile was to die for as she held her head high after her pull over. She loved her teacher, Miss Alyssa, and would run to her when it was her turn and say "Ellie's Turn!".




We have been practicing forward rolls on our own for a while now, so when she got to show her skills she was very proud of herself. She looks like such a little gymnast here. Honestly what did this little girl do with my baby?! Stop getting so big ellie bean.





Her first cartwheel!! She totally did not get it but I was so proud of her. I can't wait to teach her all I know. Leon thinks that he has forbidden cheerleading in our home, but he might need to think again. 




I think that Ellie and Leon's favorite part was "the pit". They would jump in and throw the pieces of foam at each other. Its safe to say there was a lot of laughing and giggling.  Leon would throw her up in the air and then just let her fall into the soft pit of foam. Mommy was a little worried, but Ellie could not get enough. I love sharing this special place with my special girl. I hope that she has as much fun this summer as I did.




1 comment:

  1. I love love love it!!! (and that her class is called Sparklers I...it just makes it all that much better)

    ReplyDelete