Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

 This year for Halloween we decided to dress up as ladybugs. Ellie got a warm ladybug costume and Leon and I both wore sweatshirts I made for the big day.  Rumor had it that Halloween around these parts is freezing cold and that you have to build your costume around that fact.  Rumor was pretty dead on this time.
So we bundled up and decided to go trick or treating in a neighborhood that some ward members live in.  I was always taught growing up to go to the nicest neighborhood around because that's where you will find the best candy. But I swear we were asked about 15 times where we lived and if we were new. This was discouraging my rule keeping husband who therefore made us wimp out before the pumpkin was even half full.  I don't think Elles had any idea what was going on. She just knew she could press the door bell and people would come and goo over her then let her pick out a shiny wrapper.  She looked so cute.
Unfortunately, both me and Leon's cameras are out of service so I had been using my phone for all things picture.  We got a ton of cute pics of the girl with her red lipstick and little antennas but the phone is AWOL.  Actually, it has disappeared into the black abyss of lost and I can't find it anywhere. Mind you I just got a new phone a month ago. Bah! talk about tragic.  I have even dreamed about this horrible loss and woken up so angry at my imaginary sprint people. Guess its time for an iphone lol. 

She hates her car seat...Let's not talk about it

Daddy and Ellie at the ward party

The Johnson Fam at the ward party "Daddy Ladybug and Mommy Ladybug".  Disgusting picture of me but since the disappearance of the phone, its the best i can do.
When we got home we drank some warm apple cider and watched more episodes of Vampire Diaries on netflix. Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with this show as of late? I won't go into detail, but lets just say I can't wait until I finish season 2 because then I will have my life back. All and all we had a good time with our little peanut. And we have had a good time eating the candy she collected for us haha.
We miss and love you all and can't wait to be back in the big CA for the month of December!!
Muah
Love, Us

2 comments:

  1. Wait til you get to season 3...Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah! I'm all caught up and still so obsessed...way better than Twilight hands down. I may or may not have watched two seasons+seven episodes of season 3 in a week and a half.

    ReplyDelete