Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Only One

Have you ever had someone in your life that knows you better than you know yourself, someone who is never afraid to tell it like it is, someone who can stop the world with just one touch, and can make anything better with one kiss.
I have.

Leon and I met on October 16 2006.  We were set up on a really random blind date and found ourselves at the dollar movies watching Taladaga Nights and talking about knife fight scars haha.  We went on to eat ice cream and watch several episodes of the O.C. at our friend Mike's condo in Arlington.  It was just an ordinary, really good, first date. I had no idea at the time what I would be getting myself into...

I fell hard... and fast. Leon not so hard, and not so fast.  But after a school year of casually dating I did it, I tamed the wild stallion and he finally fell in love.  And the words coming out of his mouth were honestly like a dream to me. I couldn't even say it back to him, so I texted it later (pathetic I know). 

This man soon became my best friend and my entire world.  He knew me like no one else. He believed in me like no one else. He inspired me and pushed me to be my best self.  He is the reason I am the person I am today. We were young and we did a lot of stupid things to each other (but in what beautiful love story are stupid things not done?).  We went our separate ways multiple times but something always brought us back together.

On April 3 2010 I married the man of my dreams and my best friend. I love him.  He is an amazing husband, the best father, a bbq genius, mvp ward baseball player, a byu sports fanatic, a hilarious impromptu dancer, and honestly hands down the last man standing when all is said and done. 

I thought for our anniversary I would share some pictures and quotes from my only one through the years so you would all understand what I mean.  



Leon 7/30/08: Hi baby baby I love you so much! I can't wait to spend the rest of eternity with you there can't be anything better in the whole universe than that. I hope you know how much I love you I always pray that Heavenly Father will help you to feel it but I think the answer to that prayer is for me to make you feel it through my actions and kind words. I truly love you so much and would do anything for u.


 Leon 8/14/08: I can't wait to see you! I wish you were here right now I would kiss your face and squeeze you so hard. I need to make sure I can smoke that final because I need that A to get into Harvard Law. I'm going to do it baby. I hope you can get into a medical school somewhere in that area because that's where I'm going. (hmmmm interesting...and he did it three years later!!!)


Leon 8/7/08: I love you so much baby I'm so glad that you're such a big part of my life. You are my life and world, beautiful. I love you.


 Leon 8/8/08:  hi my geourgeous, wonderful, beautiful, caring, loving girl. It was so good to talk to you for so long this morning, I loved every second of it! I can't wait until I get to talk to you face to face and kiss your beautiful lips and just be in love with you. I love you with all my heart baby baby and just can't wait to see you again.

Leon 8/10/08: Hi beautiful! I love you so much I can't wait to talk to you! I know I'm supposed to marry you too baby. Today was a good day I daydreamed about our beautiful future daughter and just protecting her and loving her and having such a special relationship with her. 

 Leon 8/8/08: I love you forever. you are the most wonderful girl in the entire world and I love you.


l

 Leon 8/4/08: First of all, I want to make you happy every single day starting when you wake up. I want to make it so that the mere mention of my name makes you smile and brightens your day. Second, I want to uplift you and be you partner in our journeys towards Heavenly Father's kingdom. I want to make up for all of my past wrongs and make them all right and just be the type of person that deserves a girl like you. Next, I want to fly you out to Arizona and kiss your beautiful lips and nose and hold you in my arms and tell you everything is going to be alright and just have you melt in my arms. After that, I want to treat you like a queen for our whole engagement so that you will be the happiest and most certain bride that there has ever been. Then, I want to marry you. Then I want to be the best husband to you and always respect and honor you. Always be patient when you make me mad and always make you laugh when I make you mad. Then I want to be the most caring, loving father that I can be and raise our children with you in love and faith in Christ. Then I want to be the best missionary companion you could ever dream of having. Then I want to live longer than you so that you will never have to go through a day of missing me, or else I want to die with you at the same time in a freak gila river rafting accident. 



 . Leon 7/22/08: I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you baby you are my everything and just make me want to be a better person.

Leon 5/4/10: Baby it is one a.m. and I am so so in love with you. you are the sweetest wife ever :) thanks for the note! and you snore so cute too :)

Leon 6/30/10: I just feel like I haven't been showing you how much I love you well enough. Please know that you are the only person that I want to be with and that I am so happy that I ended up with you. Thank you for being the best wife I could ever ask for and more than I ever expected.


 6/7/10 Leon:
Dearest Brittany, 
I write this letter with heavy heart for the distance that we share between us. Nevertheless, it fills my heart with joy that you have seen fit to allow me to share anything with you, even if that thing right now is distance. Oh how my heart yearns to be near yours again. When I am with you it is as if my heart beats twice as fast because our hearts become one when we are together. When will I see you again? I await the dawn of a new era when our lives will again comingle and we will be able to spend our foodstamps together in love. If nothing else, Brittany, my love, my everything, we will always have foodstamps to keep us together.
 
Faithfully yours until we meet again,
 
Sir Leon
  Leon 7/15/10:  I can’t imagine my life without you.  I have honestly never loved anyone like I love you. You have helped me to become the person that I am today and I will always be grateful for that.



Leon 4/1/11:  Please save some of the dirt off of your shoes so that I can worship it when I get home :)


As you can all see I'm a very lucky girl.  I married my best friend and for that I am so grateful. He is the only person I have ever truly loved and will ever love for as long as I live. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for creating such a perfect match for me. I love him more and more everyday. There is no one like him in the world I am truly blessed. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life making him the happiest man on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary...it does make me happy to see the love that you two share together. I know that love, I have had that same love for the past 16 years and been married to my life partner for 10 1/2! We are very lucky women, those Johnson men are amazing husbands, fathers and providers (both emotionally and physically).

    Reading over your last few posts, I can see that we have a lot in common, both strong willed and determined women, but marriage and children have changed us...for the better. Never take eachother for granted, Lucas always says that the measure of a good marriage, is when you don't think you are doing enough for your partner...well I hope you always feel like you could do more or be better for eachother!

    ReplyDelete