Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring time and Sunshine

One of my favorite things about Arizona is the weather.  As I think about my life just one year ago I cringe.  Everyday in the month of Febuary, I would wake up every morning put on my uggs, sweater, big winter jacket, gloves, and scarf.  I wouldn't dare face the Utah winter fury with more than the skin on my face exposed. I would stand at the Belmont bus stop at seven forty waiting patiently to see that UTA bus and the beautiful heater that it possessed. I would honestly curse the state of Utah for not realizing that the idea of spring means "get warmer" not "snow more". I swear the weather Gods would laugh as I cheaked the weather each morning hopeful for a little picture of a sun instead of the everpresent grey clouds.

And then Arizona happened to me. Now I leave the house much earlier and never even think about grabbing a jacket...not even a light one. i love the Arizona sunshine!!

With that said I would like to officially announce the beginning of my spring break.  About nine months ago I started what has turned out to be the hardest and craziest time of my life thus far...I like to call it PA school (when I'm in a good mood...). And as of a few hours ago, I realized that I passed all of my classes and have finished three hell-acious semesters of PA school... so I am in a very good mood. Woo hoo! I feel like a Junior in college again when you can see the light but yet you know you still have a long way to go. It has been quite the experiencece thus far and I will go ahead and suggest not having a child while in one of the hardest graduate programs there is. Enough said.

So with my birthday and our wedding anniversary on the horizon, Leo and I decided to take a much needed vacation to Hawaii.  We went online and ordered our own snorkel equipment and everything. I can still taste the Mexican soap and stank from the broken gear we rented from a sketchy mexi in cabo last year. So we decided to just become independent snorkelers. And since the sun was shining and spring break had officially started in the Johnson home we spent some time at the pool basking in the glory of the sun and trying out our snorkel gear.


Oh no another sun worshiper.  Too bad mommy wants to go into dermatology and pounded her with sunscrean before her pool adventure. No tan for you baby.


He absolutly loved that he could dive under the water and not get water in his equiptment. I guess he got us the good stuff lol. Don't worry Holli and Jake you can borrow it if you want lol


Daddy and Ellie...as you can see ellie refuses to look at the sun because it is just too too bright for those baby blues of hers. She also wants her dolphin toy that is in the corner haha.


The Mama with her hot  pink snorkle gear

Don't worry the break will be spent getting much rest and relaxation to gear me up for another two semesters. And get Leon in one last vacation before law school starts in the fall (still no decisions made about where we will be but he has lots of good options and I'm sure it will be somewhere cold).  Holli and Jake will be joining us on our Hawaiian adventure so we cannot wait to go.  The only sad thing is that Ellie is staying with Mimi and Jaxy.  Ellie is the best thing about my day everyday and we are going to miss her so much but it will be fun to do some grown up things this next week.

much love,

The Johnsons

2 comments:

  1. Hey Britt :) I wanna meet little Ellie, so if you're headed out to Murrieta soon, let me know. I'm in town now for a good long while :) Have a great trip! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt!!!! oh my, I can totally relate to this post right now. even though being in DC is fun, the cold really gets to me. I was just telling tim how all I wanted was the sun and warmth. With us moving to AZ soon, he said be careful what you wish for! haha It's hot hot in the summer but so beautiful right now. Also, your a babe in the swimsuit. AND i am so jealous of your hawaii trip! I love hawaii. one of these days, I want to take tim there and show him all my favorite places :) i love you and calling you soon.

    ReplyDelete