Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home sweet home

I lo-hu-ve that little belly (not so much the drool it kinda drives me crazy). And when you tickle it she laughs so hard your heart can't help but melt.


Ok so I just had to share that adorable picture of my munchkin before I started this post. I honestly just want to eat her up sometimes she is just so yummy.

At the end of February we decided to make a trip out to California for me to go through the temple. One word: Beautiful (but we will get to that later).  Every time I go home I get to see my to best friends from high school, stacia and sarah.  We have honestly been through so much together that I am so grateful to have them in my life.  They feel like sisters to me and I love them to pieces!
Ellie with my best friend from high school auntie Stacia

Ellie with Sarah and her adorable son Zander.
 After catching up with old friends our family headed to San Diego to spend the day in the temple.  There are no words to describe what a beautiful experience it was for me. I felt so close to my Heavenly Father and my testimony grew so much that day.  I love the church so much and am so grateful for the influence it is in my life.  I know without a doubt of its truthfulness and would never want to live a life without it. 

Going through the temple was honestly one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. I'm so glad to have gotten to share it with the people who mean the most to me. 
Daddy loves his little girl

The next morning the family decided to take a nature hike up at the santa rosa plateau. This was Ellie's first hike.  She basically slept through it all but its a mile stone nonetheless.  Carder, Holli's baby, has recently been watching a lot of Tom and Jerry and when we found a little mouse on the hike he got really excited.  Leon wanted to get the mouse to move for Carder so he started poking at it.  Interestingly enough the mouse didn't move, it just let Leon poke at it. Then, all of a sudden, the mouse closed its eyes like it was going to sleep.  Weird. So they lost interest and started walking again. About thirty minutes later little Carder asks his mom, "Mom, did Jerry die?" Oh my gosh. The saddest little voice i about died.  Thankfully another mouse ran across the trail and Holli suddenly said, " Nope, there he goes".  Kids are so cute.

"Mom, did Jerry die?"

The Johnson Family

I. love. him.

To be more thorough... I. love. them.
All in all we had a great time in California.  I hope we can move there one day..wink wink. I miss the beach. But the adventures on the east coast are calling our names, so, for now, California, you are just a vacation spot.

Love,
The Johnsons

No comments:

Post a Comment