Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just to make you smile

My current rotation is at Boston Children's hospital in the division of Sports Medicine. It is a dream rotation for any athlete, but considering I never was nor ever will be an athlete per say, I'm drowning.  I work 10-11 hour days and literally do not get a break. They don't even have chairs to sit in. This doctor I'm working for is the official doctor for the Boston Ballet Company, so we see a lot of dancers, which is my claim to fame for the next eight weeks. Too bad I have never had any coordination and my dancing looks more like miming than dancing,.  At least I can appreciate the beauty of it all eventhough I have no idea what positions they are talking about when they start to explain their injury to me. I do know my anatomy though and am getting much better at reading MRIs and X-rays.

I love working with the kids but this rotation is really making me miss my own. Leon is doing a lot of Daddy daughter time these days. He is in the middle of what is known as "J term" which is much easier than a regular semester. Ellie is just going to play with Laine and her girls a few hours here and there, which she loves.  She is such a wild and funny girl these days. She will not stop talking. I don't know what she is saying the majority of the time but boy does she have a lot to say.  She is in love with Elmo and will sing "na na na" song. It is to die for and I need to get it on tape. 

Holli took some pictures of the babes at the park one day while we were in California. I just thought that I would share that Ellie smile with those of you too far away to get to enjoy it everyday.

You are the start of all my smiles

Loves to say "Weee!" down the slide

She is such a drama mama, but I love it and just eat it up

Ellsies running bases with Daddy

Oh and baby Brenn the love of Ellie's life haha

No comments:

Post a Comment