Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fresh Pond

So, it is midnight here on the east coast and for those of you that don't know me well, I don't see midnight often.  In fact, I don't think I've seen midnight since we have lived on the east coast.  But here I am up with a million things to do and no energy or motivation to do a single thing. It was just one of those days you know? 
It started with Ellie throwing up all over Daddy.  We jumped in the bath and I noticed a knarley uri going on in baby girl. Deep thick sort of coughs and a very runny nose. Ugh, sick baby is not fun.  So I rx'd a lot of rest and liquids.  Next thing I know we are settling down for a nap and All those liquids came up again all over the bed and the mama.  We had to strip the sheets and throw them in the wash with the rest of the mountain of laundry.
 The washing machine was brimming, but lets be honest when you have to pay a dollar fifty, who doesn't try to mash all the clothes in there that they possibly can? I learned my lesson because when I pulled the clothes out of the dryer there was still chunks of Ellie vomit on our sheets. Yay! That means I had to scrub them by hand in our sink.  Not to mention about a half hour later Ells throws up again. Oh the joys of motherhood :)
My poor baby. I wish I could just take the bug from her because I hate seeing her sick. Poor Cinder-ellie only got about 30 min of sleep today and she might have just fallen asleep twenty min ago for the night.  She stayed up and watched the entire Lifetime Amanda Knox movie with me haha.  I sure hope that she feels better tomorrow. Keep her in your prayers. 

Oh P.S. here are some pictures of the munchkin on Saturday at Fresh Pond. I tried to get her to look at me and smile and she kept saying "no...no...no" and shaking her little head. Where did she learn to tell me "no"? I think she just likes to tease me because she will give a little smirk after and loves it when she gets a solid rise out of me. 
ENJOY

It is definately fall in New England

I can't help but eskimo kiss that precious little nose

"no. no. no."

Really Ellie, I'm in your face and you refuse to look at me? You totally remind me of someone I know way too well.

"I would rather look down at the boring street than at you Mom"

What a little explorer. She gets smarter and more curious about the world everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Having a sick baby stinks!! When Andie was little, she had so many stomach issues, she knew to throw up in a basin before she was 2 :( Hope she gets better and that you all increase your Vit C...NO MORE COLDS THIS WINTER!! Trying to put those positive vibes out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pics of beautiful little Ellie!!! These just make me miss her all the more :( I hope she is better and back to teasing you :) (then you know that she feels fine) Give her hugs and kisses for me xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete