Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ellie's Boo Boo


There we were, in the living room watching Word World, when all of a sudden Ellie gets a burst of energy. There are times we know she is definately related to Carder Lloyd because she can be a crazy lady, and this was one of those times. She was eating her berry yogurt bites, flinging her head back and forth, and jumping up and down, when all of a sudden she slipped. There was a loud boom and a blood curdling scream. I ran to the aid of my little princess. When I picked her up and saw pink chunks in her mouth, I immediately thought they were chunks of oral mucosa haha. Thankfully it was just her yogurt bites.  I had a freak out moment for sure. I was all alone and I didn't know what to do. There was blood everywhere (lacerations of the mouth bleed way too much) on my shirt, running down her face, and all over her onesie.  I am the medical professional, I'm supposed to know what to do. So I gave myself five seconds to freak out and then I cleaned her off in the kitchen, applyed as much pressure as she would allow, and tried to ice the poor boo boo. The ice didn't work too well, so we resorted to an otter pop.  She was in a little pain for a few days but the peanut has recovered quite nicely. Oh and we can put bows in her hair!!!
We love and miss you all!
Look at that poor bottom lip...you should see the other guy.



PS Guess where I am going next? 
PEDIATRICS!!!! Yay!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it is the first of many, my little dears. Thank goodness lips and oral mucosa heal super fast. I wish I could be there to hug her and sing to her (i am a kareoke performer these days you know ;) ) Love the flower in her hair!!

    ReplyDelete