Monday, September 17, 2012

Ellie Turned Two

It's true, It's true! My princess turned two!!

I can't believe it myself. It has been two years since heaven sent me their most perfect angle.  And of course we had to celebrate.  
Ellie went to Disneyland this summer a few times and has fallen in love with Minnie Mouse. So we decided to throw her a perfectly fitting themed birthday party. Did I have time and energy for this extravaganza? Nope. Did we pull it off anyway? You bet. Let me tell you, putting together a birthday party 8 months pregnant is borderline crazy. Thankfully, Holli stepped in to help and with her creative genius we put this together.







  
The morning of the party just about gave me a heart attack.  It was quite gloomy weather and I had booked the park weeks ago.  I eagerly went online to check the forecast, and I felt my heart sink into my stomach as I processed what the little clouds and rain drops meant. I had spent all night baking and pulling together the last details of the party and now our outdoor birthday party was going to be rained out! Bah! I hoped for the best, but when it started to pour two hours before the party I couldn't help but feel so disappointed. What was I going to do? I tried pushing the party back, but as soon as I sent out the e-mail the skies began to clear and we decided the party must go on. So, I packed up the car and brought towels for the playground equipment. Thankfully, most everything else went off with out a hitch. Leon has the best law school class and about 10 single law students showed up to a two year old birthday party bering gifts and smiles. They stayed the whole time and loved playing with the kids. All Ellie's friends from nursery showed up, as well as the J Ruben Clark club friends. There is nothing better than spending time with good friends and family celebrating the life of someone so special. The party was so much fun and we are so grateful for all those who helped us celebrate Ellie's big day.








Please tell me the Minnie Mouse hair do is not to die for.  I can't get enough of it. 



We were sad that we couldn't share this day with everyone but please know that we appreciated all the cards and phone calls. We love and miss you all more than anything and can't wait to see you soon.
xoxoxo
Us

2 comments:

  1. Hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog britt!! This is fantastic! wow. All the details are so cute! and you look amazing. seriously, you look so good. Happy Birthday Ellie belly! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie could not be cuter! She has the prettiest eyes and most adorable smile. And WOW! What a party. So glad you had a lot of support and the rain held out for you-looks like the funnest Minnie party ever! Allie would have LOVED to be there since she shares in Ellie's Minnie obsession. I still have hopes they will grow up by each other so they can be BFF. :-)

    ReplyDelete