Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brittany Johnson, MS, PA-C



I did it!! I passed the boards. I am officially a PA-C and I couldn't be more excited. Well I guess I can't say I did it at all. We did it: Ellie, Leon, my Mom, Jaxon, and Kelsie. I could not have finished school with out the support of these wonderful people. I am so grateful for all that they have done and I seriously can't thank them enough.

My mom especially. I found out that I was pregnant after committing to PA school and I was shocked and scared to say the least. My mom told me that I needed to go to school, that it would be hard but she would support and help me in every way that she could and that I would be so glad that I did. Some people are full of empty promises, but not my beautiful mama. She came up to Mesa and out to Boston more times than I can count to help me with Ellie during school. Jaxon missed a lot of school and made the drive with her to the valley and they hardly complained (well you can't say Jaxy didn't complain). And poor Kelsie spent so much of her senior year with out my Mom because Mama was busy helping me. I remember her telling me one time, "It's ok Britt, I realize you need Mom more than I do right now." She is such a selfless and wonderful sister. Thank you, thank you. It is finally over and I will be forever grateful.

Then there is Leon and Ellie. Ellie's whole life has been PA school. She was born in my second quarter. I gave birth on a Tuesday and went back to school on Thursday. I obviously never studied at school or stayed at school longer than classes required, but I wasn't able to be at home as much as I would have liked. We still figured out how to breast feed for 9 months (I look back and am still amazed I was able to do that) and we played and cuddled every second we got, but her mommy always was a student too and had to study as well as mother. Thank goodness for Daddy. Daddy stayed home with Ellie the first year full time. He fed her, read to her, changed diapers, put her down for naps, and was her full time care giver. The second year Leon and I shared parental responsibilities and like I have mentioned before, he gave up precious study time to step up and be Daddy in his first year of law school. I cannot tell you all how lucky I am for having Leon as a Husband and Ellie as a daughter! Thank you for being so supportive and helping me accomplish my dream.

My first interview is next Wednesday, wish me luck!! I can't wait to start making big girl money and being a productive member of society!!

4 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO Congratulations!!!! You definitely need to celebrate!!!! We are all soooooooooo proud of you!!!!! Love you lots and lots!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such great news Brittany!! I am so happy for you :) As I have said before, I've always been so impressed with your determination and drive. I don't know how you handled so much on your plate! I do have to say though, I think mothers are very productive members of society. I often get the feeling their roles are looked down upon. I'm sure that's not what you meant at all because I know motherhood is top priority for you and I've witnessed what a great mother you are and the sweet bond you and Ellie have :) Best of luck with interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, you are totally right, being a mom is the most important thing a woman can do in her entire life. If you are a good one, you are the most productive member of society, in my opinion. I can't wait to be able to focus all my energy on my little ones. I don't really think people look down upon the role, I think people get it too. I just think some people aren't fortunate enough to afford living off of one salary and I know with all the student loan debt and my ability to work and support my family I will need to be a good mom and a part time PA (until Leon is done with school). I just think it is the honest and right thing to do is our own circumstance. Love you and your cute little one. Give him kisses from me and Ellie xoxox

    ReplyDelete