Thursday, December 29, 2011

Family Fun




Yay I love love love our new family pictures. Don't you?  Yes, Holli this is Thatcher haha and I think we are in a cotton field.  Do you love it?  Because I was thinking about buying you and Jake a plot of land right next to ours, which is right next to the trailer park and the archery shop lol. I secretly love Thatcher, but mostly just because I love the people who live here.  Anyway, My sister-in-law decided to give my mother-in-law the fantastic Christmas present of a photo shoot of our entire family with this amazing photographer.  Her name is Amber halverson and you can see her amazing work here.  I figured since we were there and ready that we might as well snag a few of just our little family and I am oh so glad I did.  I can't wait to get these framed and up in our home. 

We left our San Diego paradise and came to Thatcher on Tuesday night. Ellie was such a good little flyer and the flight was practically empty so she basically just meandered around the plane and made friends with everyone. She is such a fun and outgoing little peanut.  

I sure do love Arizona. We only lived in Mesa for a little over a year and it still feels like home.  We drove past Banner Gateway and I smiled thinking about the wonderful little person in the back seat who took her first breath in that hospital.  And then came the superstition springs exit where our first apartment as a family is located. I hope the new residents love it as much as we did and feel the love that was built in that little space by a little three member family a year ago. My heart broke a little as we drove past Burger house in Miami because I knew it would be closed and we wouldn't be able to stuff our faces with green chili burros. Next time.

We arrived at two in the morning and were all three beat.  Ellie woke up on the transition from the car to the house and was so excited to see Itchy! She basically screamed "Doggy!" and chased her around the house. Well lets be honest she has been chasing her around the house nonstop since we've been here.  We woke up and got to see the family. It was so fun to spend time with all of Leon's brothers and sisters. Ellie absolutely loves little Taylor. The two kids kind of look alike and are so cute to watch playing together.

Now we are just hanging around this little town and showing Ellsie where Daddy grew up. We went to the High School today and Ellie played with the old tires and got to run, run, run with Dad. We also got to go over to Granny's house. It is always so much fun to spend time with her. Oh and best of all no more "bobby's"! Yay for us. Ok yay for Leon because he did most of the work. Ellie now can even say sippee. It is so so cute. I love her.

We love and miss you all already.  Hope you enjoy the gems of our little fam.
love us

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leon and Brittany. This is Britni Hamblin (Echols). I found you on Megan Tefteller's blog. I hope that's ok. I was so excited when I saw it was you Leon. Long time no see. I heard you got into Harvard from Megan. I think that is one of the coolest things I've ever heard. Congratulations! I feel like that is an accomplishment in itself. Your wife is absolutely gorgeous, and that daughter of yours is precious. So glad to hear you've got your first semester completed and can enjoy the holidays with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Britni so good to hear from you! Thank you so much for your kind words, we are really happy to be out here and have such a great opportunity. I checked out your blog and your kids are so cute! And I like that you named your boy Teancum, he was always one of my BoM favorites who never seems to get much play. Hope things are great for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete