Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One Week

This week has been the best, most exhausting, and most stressful week of my life.  Having Ellie in our lives feels so right and so amazing. I have never loved anything the way I love her. Just looking at her can make me cry because I am so grateful to have been given such a beautiful and amazing gift. Becoming a mom for the first time has been a priceless experience.  Ellie is such a good baby she never cries, she sleeps for most of the day and almost all night.  When she does wake up at night I can just hear her rooting and cooing which wakes me up and lets me know when to feed her.  She has had her share of accidents already though. This morning in particular I was changing her diaper and didn't put anything under the couch and she urinated all over our couch.  Leon heard me scream and left the bath he was filling up, then noticed a trickling sound.  The bath was overflowing and water flooded the kitchen counter and floor.  We couldn't help but laugh at our crazy morning. She lost her umbilical chord too :( She is growing so fast.  Holli and Mimi came to visit this week with the boys. Holli was nice enough to do a newborn shoot with miss Ellie Belly. Her are some of her creations.
She loves to eat her fingers and put her fingers in her eyes...this does not make Mom very happy lol



These are just a few of our precious little one.  This week has flown by and has been full of surprise little smiles and so much happiness.  Our little one is the best thing that has ever happened to us.  She is perfect in every way and we can't wait to spend the rest of our lives loving her.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations you guys! What a beautiful girl. I'm so glad everything went well. And I love the newborn pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Britt, just wanted to stop by and say congrats! Your little Ellie is just beautiful :) Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete