Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life is Beautiful

Same day two posts...I think that is the best Leon and I will ever do lol.  We have both had the most amazing week of our lives.  I have been so anxious since the last week of August when I found a wet spot on my jeans and made my first trip to the hospital.  We went to San Diego for my summer break and spent the week lounging on the beach, kayaking, and getting cultured by Shakespeare.

Leon and I at the Old Globe Theatre

La Jolla Shores after Kayaking
Leon and I at Newport
The day we were suppose to leave I went to the DMV and when I came back I found the wet spot...so I naturally thought my water broke because I couldn't have possibly peed my pants without knowing it right?  I went to the hospital and sure enough I wasn't even dilated or effaced...I just peed my pants.  That was Monday and on Thursday we went to Thatcher to spend some time with Leon's family before school started up again.  I got really nervous Thursday night because Ellie (who was a big time mover) hadn't moved for an hour or two.  I again went to the hospital (What a lame first time mom I know two hospital visits in one week lol) and they found the heartbeat.  I was so relieved! But they were concerned about my contractions so they gave me a shot of trib and told me to come back the next day.  I had dilated to a three and was 50% effaced.  The next day i lost my plug and continued with the contractions.  I went in again that night and was 4cm and 70%.  They flew me in a helicopter back to Mesa all alone. I was so scared and missed my husband.  I got there and they checked me and nothing changed so they sent me home.  I felt like it was time after that and I was so anxious from that moment forward, googling everything about how to put yourself into labor naturally.  Finally at 38 wks my doctor decided he would strip my membranes and I went into labor that night. I started to feel menstrual like cramps and waited an hour in fear of another false scared.  I went to the hospital around four thirty (Leon was so excited lol) and it was the real deal this time and I went into the triage 90% and 5cm.  They admitted me right away and I got the epidural 10min later. It was amazing. After that I felt nothing and Leon and I cuddled in the hospital bed until it was time.  Dr. Huish came in at 7:30 and broke my water (poor Ellie has a little scratch on her head as proof).  Then the cuddling until about tenish and I started pushing at eleven and baby Ellie came out at 11:48 am.  I was pushing for about an hour and when they put the little angel on my chest right after she came out I started to cry.  This little girl all of a sudden was real and so incredible.  I looked at my husband and he was teary eyed too.  Our lives had just changed forever...and it felt so good.
My brand new addition...I look so tired
That day Grandma Julie, Mimi, Jaxon, Aunt Lisa, Taylor, Uncle Jim, Melissa, Megan, Carlie, Kali, Maddie, and sister Richards all came to visit us in the hospital.  I loved the company but naturally had to entertain the guests while "Dad" hogged the baby.  I wanted so badly to sleep with her that night but they told me not to fall asleep with her in the bed because she might fall off and break her skull.  So I just did not really go to sleep.  I couldn't put the baby down I wanted to laugh and cry and scream for joy all at the same time.  All I could do was sit and pray to Heavenly Father and thank him for the amazing blessings I have been given. I watched my sweet husband sleeping on the couch next to my bed and looked at the amazing child in my arms and knew that I was so loved by my Heavenly Father.  I can't believe how much my life has changed for the better because of my amazing little family.
Daddy and Ellie leaving the hospital
My perfect piece of heaven
Ellie Belly
Daddy being a baby hog lol
Ellie sleeping with Daddy while Mommy gets ready for school (Not fair)
My family is amazing and I am so far beyond blessed to have the beautiful child and amazing husband that I do. I will forever be thankful for Heaven's generosity.  I love this baby!!

1 comment:

  1. omg she is BEAUTIFUL! congratulations britt and leon! I am so happy for you both. A beautiful baby girl for two great parents :) Miss you and hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete