Thursday, November 8, 2012

I love to see...

The temple.

Oh how this beautiful building reminds me of all the good things in life. It reminds me of God, my family, and the true meaning of happiness.
A friend of mine let me browse through a book of pictures that her hubby gave her for their anniversary.  As I was looking through their life, I caught a glimpse of a picture, well a glimpse of an idea rather. A wonderfully fantastic idea. There was a picture of the couple with their small child outside of the Boise temple. I asked her when this picture was taken and she told me that their family has a tradition of making the temple their first stop as they leave the hospital after a child is born. She said with her first, they just sort of ended up there after leaving the hospital. Like their little family was drawn to this perfect place and they had to take a picture to remember that moment.
I didn't have the opportunity to make the temple our first stop as we left the hospital when Jet was born because of hurricane Sandy, but we got there as soon as possible. The temple has such a special place in our hearts. This is where families are sealed together forever. Having two children of my own now, I realize the significance of the plan of salvation and the role of the temple in this. How much the temple means to me is beyond words. How much my family means to me is beyond words.
Here are a few shots of our brand new family of four outside the Boston temple.  I'm hoping this will always remind me of where our family begins and how through keeping promises made here it never ends.






No comments:

Post a Comment